07/04/2015

Ed Sheeran - Multiply (X)

Share it Please

Ed Sheeran has been one of my favourite artists since he released his first album Plus (+) back in 2011. His latest album Multiply or X, was released on the 23rd June 2014 (UK) and holds a total of 12 tracks. However the deluxe edition of the album holds an extra 5 tracks making the total come to 17 songs instead. The album includes singles, "I see fire" from the film The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, "Sing" which Sheeran co-wrote with Pharallel Williams (the voice behind number one single "Happy" back in 2014),
Picture"Don't" which first came about as a riff on the star's phone, "Thinking Out Loud" which has a music video that sees Sheeran ballroom dancing with Brittany Cherry,  and the most recent singl"Bloodstream" that is yet to be released.

Ok, so Ed Sheeran's latest album was released nearly 8 months ago, but the outstanding music on this CD ensures that you can have the songs on repeat for hours on end and it will never get boring. I personally am a massive fan of his music because each song is distinctly different from the one before and the one after. The large range of genres his music covers, including, a folksy, acoustic sound, mixed with hip-hop and rap elements; mean his unique sound attracts a large range of different people. Although his target audience is typically around 16 to 25 year old men and women, as he himself is only a young adult and so he can relate to them more, older people are also fans of his music.

I can't talk about every song from the album (we'd be here for days), so I'll talk about my favourite song "Photograph".When my sister first bought this album she was listening to this song non-stop, therefore, this was the first song I heard (aside from the singles that had previously been released), and because of this I instantly became attached to the slow start in the song and the meaningful lyrics. I always try to take as many photos as possible so the obvious background story to this song meant I could easily relate to the lyrics "We keep this love in a photograph, We made these memories for ourselves". 


"I can't tell you the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" 


Check out Ed's new album on iTunes: It costs £11.99 to download.


Until next time, 

Alice x


No comments:

Post a Comment